Can I thank everyone who assisted with the planning and organisation of the Mini Meet today.
An efficiently run event like this does not happen by accident. For the last couple of months a dedicated team of volunteers have been planning the event and today that attention to detail paid off.
The club received many positive comments from the referee, other club coaches and spectators on the organisation of the meet and the atmosphere at the Citadel.
Thank you to everyone who helped with the running of the meet. Today we had a number of volunteers helping in various roles for the first time. I hope they enjoyed participating and will help at future meets. We make sure our volunteers enjoy the event and are well looked after.
As well as the many volunteers in the pink t-shirts poolside/front of house, there is a group of other volunteers who make it all tick in the background.
It truly is a team effort and one that, as a club, we should all be proud of.
Thank you to everyone and the planning starts now for our next meet in April!
Brian Anderson, Club Chairperson
Well done to all that took part in the IM Time Trials. 73 swimmers took part, 34 swimmers recorded personal best times and 17 swimmers swam an event for the first time. The results are in alphabetical order and split in two 2 pages (100 results & 200 results). When reading the results, the column on the far right shows how much a swimmer has improved by (with a minus -) or how far they finished from their pb (personal best).
BELLSHILL OPEN - Just a reminder that the Bellshill Open meet closes for entry today (Wednesday 21st Jan). The meet has been added for those chasing qualifying times for the SASA National Age Group Championships. click for Bellshill Open entry Info 14th & 15th Feb 2015. Click for SASA AGE GROUPS (current) eligibility report. Note that the 800 boys and 1500 girls are on pages 2 & 4.
M & B Graded Meet - Is for all swimmers in all squads with an emphasis on the lower groups. A reminder that entry closes on the 30th Jan. Please read the entry info carefully. Click for M & B Graded Meet Entry Info 21st & 22nd Feb
At the Mini Meet on Sunday we will be selling our new range of SAST Tattoos (as exclusively modelled below!).
These will be on sale outside the changing rooms at 2 for £1.
We are looking for some adults and National or older District swimmers to help sell and apply the tattoos. If you think you are a budding tattoo artist and would be willing to help out for a few hours on Sunday please email email@example.com.
Please note the following training alterations:
|Sun 25th Jan
||Junior, Troon Dev & Youth Squad.
||All Sessions are cancelled due to the SAST Mini Meet. Youth Can attend Wednesday 28th Jan, 8-9pm @ Troon as an alternative.
|Sat 31st Jan
||Cancelled for the National Schools Champs & North Ayrshire 200 Meet.
|Sat 14th Feb
||National & District Squads
||Long Course Training at East Kilbride 4:00pm-5:45pm
Due to the SAST Mini Meet this coming Sunday…. ALL Sunday Squad Training has been CANCELLED
We are organising a HOME BAKING STALL at the Mini Meet on the 25th January to raise money for the club! We are looking for cup cakes, cookies, tray bakes or similar that we can sell individually or in small bags of 2 or 3 (cookies and some tray bakes). So, if you are a keen baker and think that you would be able to make ONE batch, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify what you will be making. All cakes need to be ready for Friday 23rd or Saturday 24th. We can organise collection or drop-off of the cakes once you have emailed me. Thanks in advance!
- M & B GRADED MEET-21st & 22nd February
- Click For : M & B Graded Meet Entry Info 21st & 22nd Feb
- For : All Swimmers within All Squads. This meet is a graded meet which means that swimmers must be slower than the entry qualifying times. It is a perfect first meet for swimmers in the lower squads to start their competitive swimming. Places are limited and will be on an entry time basis. If swimmers do not have an entry time then one will be estimated for them.
- Closing Date : Friday 30th Jan 2015
- Cost per event : £5
- . Please ensure you e-mail the paypal reference with your entries.
- BELLSHILL OPEN MEET-14th & 15th February
- Click For : Bellshill Open entry Info 14th & 15th Feb 2015
- For : National & District Squad swimmers chasing qualifying times for the SASA National Age Group Champs. Other squads may enter but should prioritise the M & B Graded Meet which is at an easier level. Please Note that this meet clashes with Long Course Training which will still take place. The meet has been added (last minute) due to the unexpected higher entry standards at the West Districts. Swimmers who already have their QT’s for SASA Champs are advised to miss this meet due to the busy calendar and attend LC training. However this meet allows another opportunity for those close to QT’s.
- Closing Date : Wednesday 21st Jan 2015
- Cost per event : £5
- Please ensure you e-mail the paypal reference with your entries.
Raffle and Tombola Prizes required for the SAST Mini Meet
Yes it’s that time again! Can everyone please bring something with them at the next time trials. Any unwanted Christmas presents sitting clogging up your valuable storage space??? Bottles, chocolates, vouchers etc. All items will be gratefully received and all proceeds will go to help boost club funds. We’ll be beside the swim shop to collect your items at the time trials on Monday 19th January. Look forward to seeing you.
May we take this opportunity to thank you in advance.
WEST DISTRICT JUN AGE GROUP LC CHAMPS 7th & 8th Feb – Have been updated again with amended qualification times. Click for : West District Junior Age Group Champs-Updated 9th Jan 2015. There are just a small number of swimmers that qualify. Therefore, those swimmers that do not qualify for this meet should enter the M & B Graded Meet. M & B Graded Meet info will be available soon.
SAST MINI MEET, 25th Jan – Citadel. Swim lists have been added to the web and can be accessed from the links below. Please note that spaces at competitions are limited. When viewing the lists. SCR=the swimmer has been scratched from the event due to oversubscription. ALT=The swimmer is a reserve and will get a swim if somebody withdraws. Notice for this can be prior or on the day of the event after the warm up. If you do not intend to compete at the meet, then please advise the club so a reserve can take the place.
SAST CALENDAR - Click for : 2014-2015 Calendar-updated Jan 2015 which includes some confirmed 50m training dates for District & National Squads and the Mini League dates and TBC dates.
- JUNIOR SQUAD- Wednesday mornings will revert back to a 7:30am finish.
- DISTRICT SQUAD- Reminder that tonight’s session (Friday 9th Jan) will be at Maybole 4:30-6:25pm. Only those that normally train on a Friday pm should attend.