TIME TRIAL RESULTS – Click for IM Time Trials Results April 2016 which have been added to the website. you can also view them through the Swimmers PB’s page which also includes results from the SAST Open and other competitions. Click here for the Swimmers pb’s link.
SAST OPEN PHOTO – There will be a SAST Press Photo for all the medal winners from the SAST Open Meet. If you are one of the 24 medal winners from the weekend, then please attend the Citadel at 4:30pm on Tuesday 3rd May for a photo. Please bring with you your medals and a SAST TOP!!!
TRAINING ALTERATIONS – For National Squad & Para Squad
- NATIONAL SQUAD
- Saturday 30th April @ Maybole 7:00-9:00am (added)
- Sunday 1st May – Cancelled
- Monday 2nd May @ Citadel 5:45-7:30am (venue change)
- Friday 6th May @ Maybole 4:30-6:30pm (venue change)
- Saturday 7th May @ Maybole 7:00-9:00am (added)
- Sunday 8th May – Cancelled
- PARA SQUAD
- Friday 6th May – Swimmers to attend the morning session @ Citadel 6:00am-7:30am. Please note that the evening session is cancelled.
WEST DISTRICT – BEST IN THE WEST OPEN MEET 6th-8th May (Tollcross-50m)
- Click for : 2016 WD Best In The West SAST Swim Lists with Scratches and Reserves
- IMPORTANT – Please note the following changes to warm up and session schedules (due to low entry numbers in the upper age group
- Friday – Session 1
- Warm Up 5.00pm Session 1 Start 6.00pm Approx Finish 7.15pm
- Warm Up 8.30am Session 2/5 Start 9.30am Approx Finish 11.00am
- Warm Up 12.00pm Session 3/6 Starts 1.00pm Approx Finish 4.00pm
- Sessions 1, 2 & 5 are the Open Sessions Sessions 3 & 6 are the Age Group SessionsSessions 4 & 7 were the evening sessions that have been cancelled.
- Click for : 2016 S1 Programme 2016 S2 Programme 2016 S3 Programme 2016 S4 Programme 2016 S5 Programme
EAST KILBRIDE OPEN MEET 3rd-5th June 2016
- Click for : East Kilbride Open Meet Entry Info & Process
- For : All Squads except Development. Swimmers must have the qualifying times to enter. ELIGIBILITY REPORT – Please check the eligibility report (last pages) for which events you can enter. Swimmers must have a time in the relevant box to enter that event. Please could all Junior Squad swimmers with QT’s please enter as we are keen for the squad to gain some experience at this competition in the 50m Pool.
- Closing Date : Sunday 8th May 2016
- Entry Fee : £7.50 per event. Please ensure you send your PayPal reference when e-mailing your entries in the usual manner. See the entry info for full details on how to enter.
Three of our super Para Squad swimmers travelled in early April by plane and train to Southampton to compete in the European Down Syndrome Championships. To say that they were successful would be an understatement.
Cerys McCrindle, Laura Logan and Fiona Dawson had to pay extra baggage allowances to cover the weight in medals that they returned with!
Cerys won 2 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze medals.
Laura Logan won 3 gold and 1 silver medal.
Fiona Dawson won 3 silver and 2 bronze medals.
The girls swam a number of PBs and finished as the three top Scottish girls in the team!
What a fabulous all round weekend for SAST!
First of all we’d like to thank our amazing squad of volunteers both on poolside and behind the scenes at our SAST open. We had our recently trained timekeepers taking the plunge timekeeping at our mini league and SAST Open, also for many it was their first time presenting medals, organising and running the Tombola, cake stand, marshalling and the pay-in-desk. Also a few helping Jane in the kitchen producing a fabulous breakfast and lunch for all volunteers, not to mention our runners who worked tirelessly poolside. A massive thankyou to Andy, Steven, Catrina and Colin working in Bills Bubble and Steven Gordon together with Matthew for the upkeep of the timing pads. Thanks to our resident DJ Brian Dalgliesh and to the many who turned up on Friday evening to help set up for the meet and those who stayed behind to clear up on Sunday evening.
Finally, to all the swimmers and technical official from SAST and visiting clubs!
Fabulous weekend and we hope you all enjoyed it!
From what what we hear the Para Squad and the Mini League team had a really successful weekend – Congratulations to you guys! Going from strength to strength. (Full details to follow).
We’re so overwhelmed from the support you all gave and look forward to seeing you all again.
The Meet Management Team
Please note that the following training alterations on FRIDAY 22nd APRIL due to the Mini League & SAST Open Meets.
- JUNIOR & DISTRICT SQUADS – morning Land Training – Cancelled
- DISTRICT SQUAD – evening session cancelled.
- NATIONAL SQUAD – evening Session cancelled
SWIM CLINIC – The next Swim Clinic for Junior, Junior+ & District Squad will take place on Thursday 28th April at the Citadel during the morning session (5:45am-7:30am). This has been moved back a week from the original date to not disrupt training in the week leading up to the SAST open… in which we want to be on top form. Note that the Junior Squad Session on Wednesday 27th April is cancelled as we don’t expect swimmers to be up three morning s in a row… well not until they are a little older anyway.
SNAGS & BRITISH PRESS PHOTO – is tonight at the Citadel-4:30pm for all that competed. Please bring with you your SNAGS top & any awards you have collected.
NORTH AYRSHIRE JUNIOR MEET – Entry closes tomorrow (Wednesday 20th April). This meet is for all swimmers in all squads aged 8-14 years old. click here for the North Ayrshire Junior Meet Entry Info & Process
TIME TRIALS – Next take place on Monday 25th April (7:10pm warm up). Please note that District, Prestwick Development & Junior/Junior+ Squads sessions are cancelled. Masters & youth will train as normal and District squad can attend Tuesday morning with National Squad. Any Junior Squad swimmers who compete at the SAST Open Meet in the 200IM do not need to attend the Time Trials.
A huge thank you to all our new timekeepers who absolutely turned out in force tonight, and passed with flying colours!
Seventeen new timekeepers for SAST … 🙂 … who it will be great to see starting to time keep around the pool over the next few months.
For anyone who has whites (trousers / shoes) and would like to try timekeeping at the weekend either at the mini-league or Open Meet (even if it’s for one session) do get in touch because we can supply white tops (in sizes large and small). We’ve also had a few volunteers to time keep at the time trials on Monday (no need for whites for this!).
Thank you also to Marie for organising the course, to Tom for running the course and the District Squad for letting everyone time them!
If you’d like a white timekeepers top contact Marie on firstname.lastname@example.org – she can hand them out on Friday night and at the weekend.
Thank you everyone!
National Squad Training tonight (Friday 15th April) is now back @ the Citadel 17:40 till 19:30.
Anyone who still wishes to train at Maybole 16:30 to 18:30 is more than welcome if this is more suitable.