Please note that there have been some changes to the warm up & start times at the Scottish Summer meet. These have been listed in the Swimmer Plan.
Those swimmers competing at the Scottish Summer Meet only need to attend the following training sessions this week as we rest up for the competition. Irene will be the coach in attendance at this competition. The swimmer plan can be viewed here Scottish Summer Meet Swimmer Plan & a copy of the final program can be viewed here final-programme.
- Monday 20th July – evening session only
- Wednesday 22nd July – evening session only
Irene will be the coach in attendance at this competition. The swimmer plan can be viewed here Scottish Summer Meet Swimmer Plan & a copy of the final program can be viewed here final-programme.
Swimmers training for the British Summer Meet can attend all sessions as normal except Tuesday land which is cancelled.
SAST 2015 SUMMER TRAINING – I hope all have been enjoying a little rest during the summer holidays and are now refreshed and keen to get back in the pool. The SAST 2015 Summer Time Table is our introduction back into the new 2015-2016 swimming season. There are only a few sessions available for each of the squads and full training will recommence on Thursday 20th August when schools restart.
SCOTTISH SUMMER MEET – The final program is out for the Scottish Summer Meet. I’ve also created a swimmer plan detailing when swimmers are competing. Please check the program and Swimmer Plan and let me know if there are any corrections required.
CONGRATULATIONS – South Ayrshire Swimmers Cameron Muir & Katie Robertson have been selected for Great Britain to compete in the European Youth Olympics. The team is only 16 swimmers and having two from SAST is an amazing accomplishment by the swimmers and the club. Cameron aged 16 and Katie aged 13 will be traveling to Georgia to test their skills, swimming and mental strengths against the best in Europe. Click here for more Info on this competition and a little interview from Cammy.
REMINDER – The West District Sprint Champs entry closes on the 20th July. This meet is for all swimmers with qualifying times from National, District, Youth & Junior Squads.
BAG PACKING – Well done to all the swimmers and parents that attended the Bag Packing fundraiser at Morrisons in Troon. Your efforts raised £821.70 for club funds. Info on how this will be used will be issued when social plans/events etc are in place for the new season.
NORTH AYRSHIRE DEVELOPMENT MEET – 19th/20th Sep
- Click for : North Ayrshire Development Meet Entry Info . Please be careful if print the entry info as the document is 10 pages due to the swimmers names being listed.
- For : All Swimmers in All Squads. This meet is a graded meet which means that swimmers must be slower than the entry qualifying times. Its an excellent opportunity for Development Squads and Junior Squads to gain experience. All are encouraged to enter. Please read the entry info carefully and follow the guides included. If require any advice on entering, then please do not hesitate to email the any questions or speak to a squad coach when training resumes.
- Click for : West District Sprints Champs Entry Info which closes for entries on 20th July
- Click for :North Ayrshire Distance Meet Entry Info which closes for entries on 9th August
- The Monday fun session has been a great success. All members are welcome to come along and run the inflatable at the Citadel from 7:30-9pm. The remaining holiday fun sessions are on
- Monday 13th & Monday 20th July.
Thank you to the members who recently click on the “EasyFundraising” link and registered their details.
We need more members to make a massive effort to raise funds, and it won’t cost YOU a penny…
Go to the FUNDRAISING Tab at the top of the front page and see the short demo video…..
Once you have filled out your details and added their task bar you are ready to fundraise for the swim team.
It really is a simple way to raise funds. When you shop online, be it with AMAZON/TESCO/DOMINO PIZZA, ANY retails who are partners with EasyFundraising… the TASK bar will appear just before you start your shop, accept it and that is it, simple. At present, our total is £6…. lets make it £600….it can be done.
Go on, give it a try.
The swim team have a new POSTAL Address:
SOUTH AYRSHIRE SWIM TEAM
P.O. BOX 26364
There will be a Fun Session with the inflatable tonight and on the following Mondays from 7:30-9:00pm at the Citadel for all members of SAST. The session is free and open to all swimmers from all squads. The inflatable will be up on Monday 29th June, 6th, 13th & 20th July. Please share this information.
Volunteers for the bag packing event at Morrison’s in Troon on Saturday 4th July are urgently required.
So far I have only have 5 out of the 17 places covered. I know a lot of you are away on holiday around these dates, but I am hoping that we will still have enough swimmers to cover the tills that we have been allocated.
Bag packing events are an excellent fund raiser for the club, so it is important that we make the most of the opportunities we are given as they are not easy to get. Thanks in advance.
We are aiming to include an additional squad within the performance pathway set up to bridge the developing gap between our current District Squad swimmers and National Squad. This will also increase our capacity and create a greater flow of swimmers from Junior/+ Squads & Development Squads. The new proposed structure can be viewed by clicking the link at the bottom of this post. Please note that the last page is a new time table which includes some changes to the current District Squad, Masters Squad & Youth Squad. All other squads have no changes.
The aims of the new structure and time table are
- Increase the membership of competitive swimmers
- Provide greater opportunity for swimmers 14yrs+
- Create competitive groups with closer ranges of ability and focus for better coaching
- Generate a greater flow of swimmers from District Squad and therefore increase the flow of Junior Squad & Junior Plus Squad swimmers progressing.
- Have greater numbers at Masters & Youth sessions by combining them.
- Have greater opportunities for Masters & Youth swimmers to train. i.e. Masters have mornings and Youth Squad have more evenings in the pool.
- Greater opportunity for retention in competitive swimming and masters/youth swimming.
The new additional squad will be made up of members from the current District & National Squads. Swimmers will be informed of which squad they will be in once the allocations have been decided next week. In the mean time, please could you take a look and provide any questions and feedback (positive or negative) to firstname.lastname@example.org . I will not answer direct but rather produce a questions and answers for the wider membership to view. Names of those asking the questions will be kept confidential. If parents wish to discuss individuals, then this can be arranged. However, we have not yet allocated swimmers and so can not yet advise on which squad they will be in at the start of next season. It maybe better to discuss any points after the squad allocations have been made. This will be done by myself and Irene next week and the info relayed to parents ASAP so any lift sharing plans or reorganising can be arranged in plenty of time before the time table kicks in when schools return. When reading the structure/time table, Performance Squad is the current National Squad. The new group is called National Squad and sits between District & Performance.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PROPOSED 2015 SQUAD STRUCTURE commencing Aug 2015
Over the summer holidays we will be removing the PO BOX to a local one.
Can we ask you to NOT send anything to the Kilmarnock PO Box until further notice.