- SCOTTISH NATIONAL AGE GROUPS (SNAGS)
- For : All swimmers with qualifying times (Performance, National & District Squads).
- Click for : SNAGS Meet Information 2017 – See the eligibility report below to see if you qualify and on which events.
- Click for : SNAGS 2017 ELIGIBILITY REPORT updated 23rd Feb 2017 – West District Round 3 is the last chance for QT’s.
- Click for : SNAGS 2017 Relay Teams-TBC after West Districts Round 3– Please confirm if you will be available for relays ASAP or by FRIDAY 3rd MARCH as a commitment is required prior to the closing date. Final Relay Team Entries will be announced on the 6th March once all swimmers have confirmed their availability. Please note that some of the teams have a swimmer with no number. These swimmers are reserves and should still confirm their availability.
- CLOSING DATE : SUNDAY 5th MARCH. (please note that this is prior to the closing date in the meet info. The date in the meet info is when the club should have sent the entries which will need to be processed). As always, early entries are appreciated so any issues can be solved in plenty of time.
- Entry Fee : £9:50 per event. If you are attending, then please follow the instructions on the entry Info & when e-mailing email@example.com ensure you include your PayPal reference.
GOOD LUCK TO KATIE – Katie Robertson as she travels to Indianapolis tomorrow as part of a GB Squad for a training camp and high level competition. The squad is a mixture of talented juniors and current GB swim stars including Olympians Hannah Miley, Ross Murdoch & the mighty Adam Peaty. The Grand Prix competition (2nd-5th March) also has a host of huge stars including Nathan Adrian, Frederica Pellergrini and American teenage sensation Michael Andrew. There will be some great events to watch including the Mens 100 Breaststroke which has the top 3 with sub 59 seconds for their entries. To follow the meet just click this link
PERFORMANCE & NATIONAL SQUAD – Friday’s long course session is still on for those not attending the Ceilidh. However please note that the training times are 6:45pm-8:45pm (not 6:30-8:30pm as originally listed). Apologies for any inconvenience. The first 30 minutes will be pre pool.
- Sunday 26th Feb – AYR DEVELOPMENT is cancelled due to the Mini League competition. Swimmers may attend Troon or Prestwick Development as an alternative.
- Friday 3rd March
- PERFORMANCE, NATIONAL & DISTRICT SQUADS – All swimmers competing at the West Districts Round 3 may take Friday evening off. All swimmers not competing will train at the Citadel 4:15-6:15pm. PLEASE NOTE-there is no long course training due to the pool being set up for the District champs.
As the 1st Mini League meet is this coming Sunday, we require the following:
- Home Baking, fruit and sandwiches.
- Poolside helpers and 2 runners. If your child is swimming we usually ask parents to volunteer their services…. email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are still available for Friday nights Ceilidh at the South Beach Hotel in Troon. Any donation of raffle prizes will be greatly appreciated. Please hand them into any of your coaches.
Raffle tickets are £1 strip and you can contact Dianne on 07584 207634 or Raldi on 07576 010736 to purchase any in advance.
At the moment we have some fabulous prizes which have been donated by various local companies and family and friends of the squads.
Thank you very much in advance for your support.
Jewels in the Pool is upon us again… This is a development squad meet and ALL development swimmers should enter.
DATE: SUNDAY 5th March 2017
VENUE: CITADEL LEISURE CENTRE.
ENTRIES CLOSE FRIDAY 24th FEB. 2017 MIDDAY.
E-mail your entries to Susan email@example.com
Just a reminder that the New SAST Time Table commences from Monday 20th Feb until the end of this season. Click for :SAST Time Table – Commencing Monday 20th Feb 2017
PARA SQUAD – Please note that training on Fridays will be 6:15-7:30pm from tomorrow (Friday 17th February 2017) until the end of the season.
SCOTTISH NATIONAL AGE GROUP CHMAPIONSHIPS (SNAGS) – After a fantastic weekend of competition a number of swims were clocked inside consideration times for the Scottish National Age Group Champs in April. Therefore please click : SNAGS 2017 ELIGIBILITY REPORT updated 16th Feb 2017. The SAST SNAGS entry info will be available soon and the eligibility report will be updated after the weekend. Click here for more information on SNAGS.
SAST fundraising Ceilidh is almost here (24th February 2017 at the South Beach Hotel in Troon). There are still some tickets available – please contact either Dianne (07584 207634) or Raldi (07576010736) and we can arrange to get the tickets to you and take payment. All tickets are £15 per person (children are welcome too) and this includes Ceilidh, Disco and Stovies. All funds raised will be put towards the Warm Weather Training Camp and new starting blocks at the Citadel.
We have some amazing raffle prizes lined up. It promises to be a great, fun filled night. Please come along and don’t be shy, ask your friends !
Well done to those who have been chosen to attend the Mini League Round One to be held within the next couple of weeks.
As children progress within the Swim Team we require at least one parent or guardian per family to take up the position as a Time Keeper in the first instance. Time Keepers and Judges are required at these meets and unfortunately, there are very few Time Keepers and no Judges at this level within the Club.
Should you wish your child to participate in future team events and West Districts, please e-mail Barry our Senior Technical Official who will arrange for you to attend a course. The cost to provide this 2 hour course at the Citadel will be paid by SAST. Please should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
Marie McCormick: firstname.lastname@example.org
STO Barry: email@example.com
First of all a huge congratulations to all the athletes who recently took part in the Disability Regional Meet held at the Citadel on Sunday especially to our very own SAST swimmers and their coaches who did very well.
A special thanks goes to our very own Bubble Team and others who turned out in force giving their time freely on Sunday in order to host this spectacular event, some of whom missed their own children swimming at another competition at North Ayrshire. Very well done guys. What a smashing team of volunteers we have and still growing. You’ve made your Team and South Ayrshire Proud.
Please see below a recent report from South Ayrshire Council. Well Done.
Please click the link for round 1 team selection. Mini League Round 1- team Selection 2017