Please note that the Time Trials will be held at the Citadel on the 12th December, 7:10pm…
Luxury New Year Hampers
We are very fortunate to have support from several local businesses in our bid to raise funds for the SAST Warm Weather Training Camp and for six new Diving Blocks for the Citadel pool.
Five local businesses will be raffling Luxury New Year Hampers each containing two good quality wines and a range of items other items (I will get some pics and post them). Each hamper is worth approximately £50! Definitely not to be missed! Hamper draws will take place (by the businesses) on Friday 30th December 2016.
Hurry down to these businesses to buy your raffle tickets. Tell your family and friends to pop in too, to support local business and the club too!
Pickens & Sons, 69-71 Main Street, Ayr
Pickens have kindly donated a Steak Pie for someone’s New Year day dinner too!
Dobbies, Ayr, at the Dalduff Butchers counter.
Dalduff are also donating a £25 voucher for meat!
J Pieroni and Sons, 47 Peebles Street, Ayr
Pieroni’s will donate 2 packets of delicious Sherry Oak Smoked Salmon to the lucky winner as well!
Alloway Pharmacy, Alloway, Ayr, KA7 4PY
Tickets can be bought at Alloway Pharmacy or Alloway Post Office
Poet’s Corner are kindly donating coffee / tea for four with cakes! Yum.
Tesco Express, Prestwick Road, Ayr
A sixth hamper is being raffled at NHS – Outpatients Department, Ayr Hospital. The draw date for this hamper is Friday 23rd December! Patients and employees please contact Linda Gordon (master hamper organiser) for tickets.
Eighty per cent of all proceeds will go to the Warm Weather Training Camp and 20% will go towards the New Diving Blocks.
Many thanks for your support and Good Luck 🙂
TIME TRIALS – Due to the recent high number of scratches from the Cumbernauld meet and in anticipation of the SAST Mini Meet entries coming in. The next Time Trials on the 12th December will be 50m swims. This will give swimmers the opportunity to update their personal best times before entering the SAST Mini Meet for a better chance of being accepted and not scratched.
JUNIOR, JUNIOR+ & DISTRICT SQUAD – Thursday 8th December 4:30-6:30pm @ Citadel will be a one off additional session available to the three squads. This session will be used as an opportunity for swimmers to update their 100m personal best times. The session will not be run as a Full Time Trial (like the Monday nights) and so starters, judges etc are not required. Any parents from swimmers in these squads that are available to do some timing are very welcome to help out to make lighter work for the coaches. Please note that National Squad will be training at Prestwick 7:00-8:30pm (see below).
TRAINING ALTERATIONS – The training alterations has been updated. Click here for December Calendar Training Alterations – Updated 30-11-16. The new alterations are highlighted. Please note the next two weeks include:
- Friday 2nd Dec
- National Squad (split between)with District 4:15-6:15pm or Performance 4:30-6:30pm.
- Para Squad – 6:15-7:30am @ Citadel (no evening session).
- 8th-12th Dec Performance Squad Cancelled for the SASA Short Course Championships
- Thursday 8th Dec
- National Squad 7:00-8:30pm @ Prestwick
- Junior, Junior+ & District @ Citadel 4:30-6:30pm
- Monday 12th Dec
- Time Trials 7:10pm @ Citadel (all development, junior & Junior+ sessions are cancelled)
- District Squad – 5:00-7:30pm @ Troon (replacement for Monday pm. There will be no Tuesday am session)
SASA 2016 SHORT COURSE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – 9th-11th December 2016 –
- As always, please check the swimmer plan against the program and let me know of any amendments.
- Click for : Swimmer Plan for SASA Short Course Championships 2016
- Click for : SASA Short Course Draft Program
Time Trials on 12th December, last chance to get some last minute Christmas presents!
Swim Shop will be there from 6.30 onwards, we have plenty of SAST T-shirts, onesies, hoodies, TYR Bags etc
See you then!
Lindsay Foster and Robin Szmidt of South Ayrshire Swim Team competed recently at the Tollcross Commonwealth Pool in the Scottish Masters Nationals 1500m championships. In Groups G and H they came home in 24:44.78 and 26:53.92 to secure Bronze and Silver positions in their respective age groups. In hard fought battles both swimmers achieved long term PBs. Masters swimming in SAST is open to all adults, not just previous youth team members, and offers coached sessions both for those that used to compete and also for anyone wanting to improve their swim-technique and fitness in a more intense way than just lane swimming. For the latest information about the Masters squad, including pool times and membership costs please email email@example.com
Brrr ! Masters gone crazy and deserve all they get !
The 2016 swim season is nearly over but two of our SAST Masters, Robin Szmidt and Lindsay Foster, still have to face up to the Big One. The Lake Windermere CHILL SWIM on December 10th. Non-wetsuit and water temperatures in single figures: certainly less than 6 C. This includes the maddest event of all: the Chill Swim ICE FLY. A butterfly sprint event in Open Water that’s “so cold you can’t breathe”. This is the last of the year’s scheme to raise money by swimming with like-minded lunatics across some odd places – from London Docklands to the Scottish lochs. Sometimes known as “The Ayrshire Crocs” after the famous and original Crocodile Rock sitting in the bay at Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae, our SAST Masters deserve all the help they can get. Open Water swimming can be man-against-nature, wrestling weather, sometimes large waves and sometimes larger jellyfish but this time at Windermere the challenge is simple : “cold cold cold……… and colder still”.
All of this pain, suffering and possible hypothermia is to raise funds for Gillian’s Saltire Appeal which makes a real and personal difference to the lives of cancer sufferers and those around them, right here in Ayrshire. The fund provides and maintains respite accommodation for cancer sufferers, their families and carers in Ayrshire and makes this available also to those travelling for respite or treatment from other parts of Scotland. So please help this amazing cause and give generously: whether or not the weather wins on the day. So, dig deep with your arm-pull but deeper still into your wallet and please donate online at :https://www.justgiving.com/
- CUMBERNAULD CHRISTMAS SPRINTS – The swim list are available for the Cumbernauld Christmas Sprints. This has been a popular meet and therefore some swimmers have been scratched from the event. This is due to oversubscription and entries being excepted on a fastest time basis. to see the swim Lists please click Cumbernauld Christmas Sprints-2016 Swim Lists & Scratches. SCR indicates that the swimmer has been scratched. ALT indicates that the swimmer is a reserve and will only know if they have a swim after the warm up is complete.
- SAST MINI MEET – 22nd January 2017 – This is our own meet and so we are looking for as many entries as possible. Lets get a great big team poolside to make plenty of noise and give lots of support.
- Click For : SAST Mini Meet Entry Info & Process
- For : DEVELOPMENT, JUNIOR & DISTRICT SQUADS. ALL SWIMMERS 12 years & under (age on 22nd Jan 2017).
- Closing Date : Sunday 20TH December 2016
- Entry Fee : £5.50 per event. If you are attending, then please follow the instructions on the entry Info & when e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org ensure you include your PayPal reference
- WEST DISTRICTS JAGS PHOTO
- Can all the swimmers who attended the West Districts JAG’s at Cumbernauld, Please attend a press photo at the Citadel (Tomorrow) Tuesday 29th Nov @ 4:20pm.
- Please bring a SAST Top and any awards you may have won.
- TRAINING ALTERATIONS
- Please note the training alterations for December and into the New Year.
- click december-calendar-training-alterations for a printable pdf copy.
- These include
- Time Trails date change – 12th December
- Christmas pool Party – 19th December
- Christmas Break dates / last sessions for all squads
- Please note that Performance & National Squads will have sessions between Christmas & New Year. These will be confirmed soon.
- SAST CALENDAR 2016-2017 has been updated.
- Please click sast-2016-2017-calendar-updated-28-11-16
- Updates include
- Schools Championships – Friday 27th Jan possibly at East Kilbride (all TBC)
- 2017 Swim Clinics – January, February, April, May & June
- Junior, Junior+ & District Squad Swim Clinics – Thursday mornings at the Citadel.
- Development Squad Swim clinics – Saturday Mornings at the Citadel
- 2017 competition dates have been added. Please note that the Carnegie Open Meet in February is being looked into as a possible away meet opportunity. i.e. staying away as a team. This will be confirmed when the entry info becomes available late December.
- SAST MINI MEET ENTRY INFO WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM TOMORROW
You will see below a letter received from West Districts regarding a fine imposed upon the club for not providing a sufficient number of Technical Officials. When entering your child into future events, can you confirm if you will be available to official and for which sessions. We can then determine if we have sufficient cover to enter that session.
Previously West Districts never imposed the fine, however due to the lack of officials volunteering, they have had no choice but to impose it now .
Please give some serious thought to puting your name forward for one of the Technical Officials courses which will progress early next year. Dates to be confirmed. Please e-mail Barry with your name, requested course and contact details. email@example.com
Could this be passed to the appropriate person
Unfortunately at the West District In Cumbernauld on 12/13 November 2016 Session 1 you had 13 swimmers and only provided 1 judge so a £50 fine is due.
Session 3 you had 6 swimmers and no officials were provided so £50 is due.
New Time Keepers and Judges are urgently required. We’re planning to hold courses into the start of the new year.
We have very few Judges, Starters and Referees. Unfortunately, West Districts are now charging all clubs £50 per technical official per session if clubs don’t meet their minimum requirement of officials. This can escalate to around £200 per day.
Therefor, we need you to volunteer for the timekeepers course and a few of our existing timekeepers to start the Judges course.
The timekeepers course only lasts for a couple of hours and is normally held during a training session at the Citadel.
Judges and timekeepers are essential to the club, without them the consequences in a number of ways affect the progress of swimmers, club and finances.
Please take some time to consider volunteering as an official and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details by the end of November.
We will confirm a date by e-mail upon confirmation from West Districs.
In the meantime should you have any questions, or would like to take part in a taster session at the next timetrials, e-mail myself or Barry and we can arrange that for you.
Many Thanks for your continued support.
- RENEGADE RELAYS- Saturday 3rd December
- This is a Team Event – swimmers will be selected (see the team list below)
- SAST have been invited to a fun based team event with five other clubs. The competition will be totally made up of relay events. There will be the ordinary IM, Free & Squadron events mixed up with some not so ordinary events such as kick relays & fins relays etc. Please note that there will be no travel arrangements. Swimmers must make their way to the venue. All Swimmers are required to bring their fins.
- Please confirm your availability by Monday 28th November by e-mailing email@example.com
- Please click for : Renegade Relays-team selection & info
- There are no entry fee’s for this event.