The clubs swim shop will be available on Monday 18th December during the fun night at the Citadel so if there are any bits of kit, onesies, t-shirts or caps that you are needing please come along and see Marie who will be set up outside the changing village at 7pm.
- SASA SHORT COURSE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 8th -10th December
- Click for : SWIMMER PLAN – SASA 2017 Short Course Championships-updated (boys relay teams)
- Click for : Draft Call Room Timings. Please note that these are subject to change. Call times will be on the wall where we sit. It is the swimmers responsibility to be in the call rooms on time.
It is with regret I will be stepping down as coach of Junior Squad this Christmas. I have loved my time with the club and will be sad to let it go. However, I have a new job and not enough time in the week. I’ve loved seeing the kids progress and hope they will all continue swimming. I hope you all have a great Christmas and I wish the swimmers all the success in the New Year.
December Training Alterations have been updated for District Squad. Monday 11th December evening session has been switched to the Tuesday morning. click here for : DECEMBER TRAINING ALTERATIONS-updated 6th December
- SOUTH AYRSHIRE OPEN MEET 20th & 21st January 2018 – WE NEED A BIG TEAM AT THIS ONE!!!
- Click for : South Ayrshire Open Meet entry information and Process – 20th & 21st January
- For : All swimmers in all squads except development.
- Closing Date : Wednesday 20th December
- Entry Fee : £5.50 per event. Entries to Susan by e-mailing email@example.com ensure you include your PayPal reference, Swimmers full name, Event numbers, strokes & distances.
- SCOTTISH NATIONAL AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS 28th March – 1st April 2018 (Tollcross). This info has been added to raise awareness of the competition and qualification. ENTRIES – will not be taken until February.
- Click for – 2018 Scottish Age Groups Meet Information including qualifying times. Please note that qualifying times must have been achieved from the 9th March 2017 at accredited meets.
- Click for : Performance & National pb’s converted to LC for SNAGS & District PB’s converted to LC for SNAGS. Swimmers can use the qualifying times for short term goals (this season) or long term goals (1-2 yrs). Please check the swimmers pb’s against the qualifying times to see if you have any or which you are close to. Feel free to discuss any of this with your squad coach or myself (Byron).
Please click for DECEMBER TRAINING ALTERATIONS – updated (in yellow) which includes the Christmas & New Year Breaks.
- CUMBERNAULD SPRINTS 16th December
- Click for : Cumbernauld Sprints 16th Dec Swim Lists & Scratches. Please note that the meet has been heavily subscribed and therefore a number of swimmers / swims have been scratched (removed). This is to allow the competition to run within the time frames and guidelines. Swimmers that have been Scratched will be refunded. Scratched swims are identified by SCR next to the event. ALT indicates that a swimmers is reserve and will know if they have a swim after the warm up for that particular session.
- Click for : Draft Program including Scratches and Reserves
Please could all swimmers attending the Renegade Relays tomorrow, bring their fins. There will be a relay with fins for most and others will be reserves.
Evan will be the coach with Susan & Barry as Team Managers
Please note the following training alterations. We apologies for the late notice.
- Friday 1st December
- Para Squad : Evening pool session cancelled. Land training as normal.
- National & District Squads : 4:30-6:00pm @ Citadel
- Saturday 2nd December
- Performance Squad : Training cancelled.
Can I personally give a huge thank you to the bubble team, officials, people marshalling and helping at the pay-in desk without all of you Saturday’s Secondary School’s gala would not have gone ahead. I would also like to thank the council and the active schools team who helped out with all of the collation of the paperwork. This years meet was run using the clubs electronics which was a great success due to us having a very strong team working in the bubble. If you were watching and fancy helping out on any of the aspects of running a meet please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org as your help at our future meets would be greatly appreciated.
2017 SASA Short Course National Championships – Please click here for a 2017 SASA SHORT COURSE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – Swimmer Plan. Please check your swims against the draft program and let me know if there are any corrections. The draft programs can be found on the Swim Scotland Website.
REMINDER- CARNEGIE OPEN MEET – Members of Performance & National Squads had been e-mailed requesting them to confirm if they will be attending Carnegie Open Meet on the 17th & 18th February 2018 as this is a planned away meet and rooms & Transport will need to be pre booked. We do not require what events you wish to enter just confirmation you will be attending. Please e-mail Susan email@example.com tonight. Confirmation closes on Friday 24th Nov. please note that there will be a West district event at East Kilbride the same weekend which will also be available. However this is outside the qualification window for summer meets and so the focus is still qualification for SNAGS. I feel Carnegie will be the better option for older swimmers with the added swim down facility etc.
- Would attend Camp
- Would not attend Camp
- Would maybe attend the camp
Please note the following training alterations for the Ayrshire Schools Heats this weekend.
- Performance Squad
- Friday 24th Nov – Morning training only (normal time). Evening training cancelled
- Saturday 25th Nov – Training cancelled.
- National Squad
- Friday 25th Nov – All sessions cancelled
- Sunday 26th Nov – Training as normal and all swimmers should attend.
- District Squad – All sessions on as normal but those competing at the schools should not attend Friday morning land training.
NATIONAL SQUAD – Some parents have asked the question “why the swimmers are not training Friday as they only have two swims.” It was suggested that they could do a steady session with starts turns etc Friday morning.
The purpose of this weekends competition is to get as many swimmers qualifying to the Scottish National Schools Championships as possible. Therefore we are looking for optimal performance whilst also maintaining high levels of training with qualification to the Scottish National Age groups as a main priority. National Squad this week have worked a hard endurance set Tuesday morning (one of the biggest they do) and will have a high intensity set on Thursday morning. Thursday is the hardest day of the week with the evening session being an aerobic endurance set. Therefore for optimal recovery, Staying in bed and sleeping is the best prescription and it cancels out two early starts in a row. Allowing the swimmers some great recovery. Sunday will also include an intense kick set and speed work to finish off a good weeks work. Therefore swimmers will be rested as possible for Saturday and will have maintained their heavy workloads (Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday). I hope this helps explain a little about the decision to take Friday off.