SAST Swimmers Josh Mitchell & Katie Robertson who qualified for the Scottish Youth Development Squad attend the training camp in Aberdeen over the weekend. Included were some presentations on Nutrition from Scottish Swimming. Notes from these presentations can now be found on the website ( in Squads / Swimmer Resources) for others to view. click below to view.
- Thank you to all that have confirmed if they can or can not attend the Winter League. The following swimmers have still to respond. Please respond by the 28th September, although earlier is very much appreciated.
- Sophie Cameron, Caitlin Duffy, Michelle Hoffin, Megan Niven, Karen Reid, Kyra Reid, Harris Ritchie, Kieran Brand, Graham Brown & Ryan Hillier.
- Click here for Winter League 2014 – Team Selection & full info.
NORTH AYRSHIRE DEVELOPMENT MEET.
41 swimmers competed in a total of 152 swims and recorded 129 personal best times which included 21 swims being first time events. 21 SAST swims received “too fast” certificates to top off a fantastic weekend of swimming. It was good to see that the majority of the team was made up of Development Squad swimmers gaining that early experience with a small number at their first ever meet. Well done to all those who competed. click for the North Ayrshire Development Meet results list which shows the SAST swimmers results. Unfortunately the too fasts are included in the top positions and so the final places can be different to what were achieved. The far right column shows how much swimmers improved on their previous best times.
News is reaching the SAST media centre of some great swims at the North Ayrshire Development Meet today. For some swimmers this is their first competition and they have shown that all the hard work in training is paying off.
Best of luck to everyone involved over the weekend.
Remember, SAST swim fast!
The next Time Trial will be held on Monday 29th September for Development, Junior & Junior+ Squads and will be 100 Breaststroke & 100 Freestyle. Youth Squad can train with Masters 9:00-9:45pm at the Citadel after the Time Trials. Click here for 2014-2015 Time Trial Dates & Info.
The SAST Calendar has been updated with changes to two time trial dates (avoiding holiday weekends), Cumbernauld Open Meet & Schools Championships (TBC). Click for 2014-2015 Calendar-updated September 2014. Please note that the calendar is not complete due to some competition dates not yet released for 2015.
The following swimmers have been selected to compete for SAST in the Clyde Coast Winter League on Saturday 4th October. Click for the Winter League 2014 – Team Selection and full details on how to confirm your attendance. (ages are at the 31st December 2014)
Cameron, Sophie (12) Brand, Kieran (16)
Craig, Stephanie (12) Brown, Graham (19)
Duffy, Caitlin (14) Collier, Fraser (13)
Gordon, Beth (13) Erentz, Ross (11)
Grieve, Lucy (10) Faulkner, Richard (16)
Hoffin, Michelle (16) Gordon, Matthew (11)
Lennox, Sophie (10) Hillier, Ryan (10)
McCormick, Victoria (11) Illingworth, Marshall (14)
Niven, Megan (14) McKinnon, Douglas (10)
Reid, Karen (16) McKinnon, Jack (10)
Reid, Kyra (10) Moore, Sam (10)
Ritchie, Harris (16) Morrison, Ryan (12)
Robertson, Erin (15) Muir, Cameron (15)
Robertson, Katie (13) Smillie, Oscar (12)
Smillie, Brooke (10) Sommerville, Dylan (13)
Young, Hannah (12)
- Junior & District-Fri 19th Sep-Land Training Cancelled (due to the sports hall being a voting station).
- District-Fri19th Sep-pm session @ Maybole 4:30-6:25pm.
- District-Mon 22nd Sep- am session @ Citadel 5:45-7:30am.
- WEST DISTRICT SENIOR AGE GROUP CHAMPS (1st/2nd Nov).
- Click for :West District Senior Age Group Champs-Entry Info.
- For : All swimmers 14yrs+ with Qualifying Times (please see the eligibility report for qualified swimmers).
- Closing Date : Sunday 5th October.
- Venue : Citadel Leisure Centre.
- Cost per swim : £5
- SASA NATIONAL TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS (27th September)
- Selected Swimmers
- GIRLS BOYS
Duffy, Caitlin Brand, Kieran
Gordon, Beth Faulkner, Richard
Hoffin, Michelle Mitchell, Josh
Reid, Karen Muir, Cameron
Ritchie, Harris Smith, Patrick
Robertson, Erin Sommerville, Jack
- Click for : National Team Championships – Team Selection & Info. Please confirm your intention to swim (see info).
- NORTH AYRSHIRE DEVELOPMENT MEET (20th/21st Sep)
- Click for: North Ayrshire Dev. Meet-SAST Swim Lists . Please note that swims with SCR mean that the swimmer has been scratched from the event. This is due to too many entries. If you are unable to attend then please advise the club.
- Click for: North Ayrshire Development program
Just a quick reminder that we are now using Paypal for all our annual membership fees….
- quick and easy to use
- convenient for our finance manager….
- refunds issued quickly
- no cheques to write
- Safe and Secure
- Discounted until the end of September
The membership fees page is now back up and running.