DEVELOPMENT MEET: Timekeepers required. IF you have a good thumb on either hand, and you can press a button….then we want YOU….ALSO if your child is swimming on Saturday we usually request that parents help out.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with DME HELP in the subject line.
S.A.S.T Mini Meet: It’s that time again when we are now asking for volunteers for the first of our meets in JANUARY 2016. We will require volunteers for both wet and dry areas….
fancy helping out for either a morning/afternoon session or if you are a super hero try out for the full day….
SCOTTISH SHORT COURSE CHAMPS 2015
SAST MINI MEET – 24th January 2016
- This meet is ideal for Development & Junior Squad swimmers although all those aged 12 years & under on the 24th Jan can enter. Please could all swimmers in the Development & Junior Squads please ensure they get their entries in before the closing date (Sunday 13th December). If anybody requires and help entering then please contact the meet entries email@example.com
- Click for : SAST Mini Meet 2016 info & entry process
- Who’s it For : All swimmers from all squads aged 12 years & under (age at the 24th Jan 2016).
- Closing Date : Sunday 13th December 2015
- Friday 28th Nov & Friday 4th Dec – NATIONAL SQUAD will split. some swimmers will train at Maybole 4:30-6:30 with Performance Squad & some will train at the Citadel 4:15-6:15pm with District Squad. Brian D will inform the swimmers this week where they will be attending.
- PERFORMANCE SQUAD – Training will be cancelled on Friday 11th, Saturday 12th & Monday 14th December (due to the SASA Short Course Champs).
Congratulations to FionaD (Kilmarnock Jets and SAST Masters) who came back from the DSISO Open European Championships in Italy with eleven !! ELEVEN !! medals including 3 gold and a handful of PBs in the disability T21 group. Well done!
SAST Christmas Disco Tickets will be on sale at the Development session tomorrow (Saturday) morning at the Citadel … !!
A wee reminder about the big night out!
When: Saturday 5th December
Where: The Ark (by the Citadel)
Time: 8pm – 10pm
Cost: £5 per ticket (includes a drink and a snack)
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Huge congratulations to Cerys and Jack who were competing in the Scottish Junior Champs today. Unbelievable swims in heats and finals saw Cerys win a great gold in 25m butterfly and Jack lifting a brilliant bronze in the class 1 50m free.
Well done from everyone at SAST!
Please note that morning training on Friday 20th November will be at the Citadel 5:45-7:30am alongside the Performance Squad.
We are organising a bag packing event at Iceland, Alloway on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th of November. We will be there from 9 am till 5 pm both days. I have managed to get quite a few volunteers, but am still needing swimmers for the following slots:
Saturday 28th Nov: Both slots from 1 pm to 3 pm and both slots from 3 pm to 5 pm
Sunday 29th Nov: One slot from 11 am to 1 pm and both slots from 3 pm to 5 pm
This is a great opportunity to raise some more money for the club, so please get in touch so we can fill all the slots. Swimmers 12 and over do not need an adult present. I will be there at the start and at the end both days.
Deadline is quickly approaching and there are still a number of development swimmers STILL to enter.
All development coaches WANT ALL development swimmers to enter this new exciting meet for the younger swimmers.
SO- email firstname.lastname@example.org with your (swimmers) name and the development squad they train with.
Go on make this a massive 100% attended event……
There will be a Development Squad in house team competition for all development swimmers that enter (free of charge). Swimmers will be placed into three teams which will be managed by one of the Development Squad coaches. The coaches will select events for the swimmers which will also include relay teams. Its anticipated that swimmers will compete in 2-3 events and spend the rest of the time cheering on team mates. This form of competition is fantastic and gives the opportunity for the swimmers to experience that team event excitement. If you would like to participate in the event then please see the details below and how to enter. Please note that those swimmers that have recently progressed from Development Squad into Junior Squad (November movers) are also invited to enter.
- COMPETITION – JEWELS FROM THE POOLS
- DATE – 28th NOVEMBER
- VENUE – CITADEL
- TIME – 1:00pm-4:00pm (latest)
- CLOSING DATE – Please confirm your availability / Entry by Wednesday 18th November.
- HOW TO ENTER – please e-mail email@example.com with the following info:
- Name of the competition
- Swimmers Name
- SAST Squad
Please note the following training alterations due to competitions
- Friday 13th Nov
- Junior & District Squads morning land training – Cancelled
- Performance Squads evening session – Cancelled
- District & National Squad evening session will be 4:15-6:45pm @ the citadel. Those swimmers competing at the West Districts or North Grand Prix should not attend and be resting for their competitions
- Saturday 14th Nov
- Performance Squad morning session – Cancelled
- Monday 16th Nov
- National Squad – Morning training will be at the Citadel 5:45-7:30am