- NORTH AYRSHIRE JUNIOR MEET 6th-7th May 2017
- For : All Swimmers in all Squads 14yrs & under, especially Development, Junior, Junior+ & District Squads.
- Click for : North Ayrshire Junior Meet Entry Info & Process
- Closing Date : Thursday 13th April
- Entry Fee : £5.00 per event. Entries to Susan by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org ensure you include your PayPal reference, Swimmers full name, Event numbers, strokes & distances.
SUMMER MEETS QUALIFICATION WINDOW – The swimming season finishes with two of the big competitions: Scottish Summer Meet & British Summer Championships. To qualify for these competitions swimmers must compete in a Long Course Pool (50m) during the qualification window (March-May 31st). The results are ranked on the GB rankings and the top 24 swimmers in each event will qualify for the British Summer Championships (13/14yrs, 15yrs, 16yrs, 17/18yrs, 19yrs+). Swimmers ranked in the top 20 (dependent on event) within Scotland (not including those who qualify for the British), will qualify for the Scottish Summer Meet (12/13yrs, 14yrs, 15yrs, 16yrs, 17/18yrs). The qualification is by events, therefore a swimmer could qualify for the British Summer Meet on an event and still be eligible for Scottish Summer Meet in other events. The following two competitions (below), SNAGS & the Cardiff Open Meet are the last opportunities for swimmers to post times within the qualification window. I know this can be confusing and if you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to ask.
- EAST DISTRICT OPEN MEET 26th -28th May 2017
- For : Performance & National Squads – Swimmers with QT’s
- Click for : Edinburgh Open Meet Info & eligibility Report Please check the eligibility report (last pages) for which events you can enter.
- Closing Date : Sunday 16th April 2017
- Entry Fee : £9.50 per event. Entries to Susan by e-mailing email@example.com ensure you include your PayPal reference, Swimmers full name, Event numbers, strokes & distances.
- BEST IN THE WEST 12th-14th May 2017
- For : Performance, National & District Squads – All Swimmers with QT’s.
- Click for : 2017 Best in West Open Meet Info & Eligibility Report. Please check the eligibility report (last pages) for which events you can enter.
- Closing Date : Tuesday 18th April 2017
- Entry Fee : £6.00 per event. Entries to Susan by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org ensure you include your PayPal reference, Swimmers full name, Event numbers, strokes & distances.
Please click for Calendar Notes & Training Alterations – March & April 2017
Please click for SAST 2016-2017 calendar updated 27-3-2017
Please note that the following competitions entry info will be available tomorrow.
- Best in the West
- North Ayrshire Junior Meet
SCOTTISH NATIONAL AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017 (SNAGS)
Please note the following training alterations affecting Performance, National & District Squads
- Friday 24th March
- Swimmers from Performance, National & District attending the Scottish National Age Group Championships can attend the Long Course Training session at East Kilbride 6:45pm-8:45pm. All other swimmers not competing at SNAGS should attend the Citadel 4:15-6:15pm.
- Tuesday 28th March
- Performance & National Squad Land training is cancelled.
- National Squad – Morning training is only for those not attending SNAGS or those not swimming on the Wednesday.
- Wednesday 29th March – Monday 3rd April
- Performance & National Squads – All Sessions are cancelled for SNAGS. Swimmers not attending SNAGS can attend any of the District Squad sessions during this time.
SAST OPEN MEET – Entries close today for the SAST open Meet. Please get your entries in if you haven’t oden so already. This competition is for all Squads excluding development. Click here for SAST Open Meet Entry Info & Process
SCOTTISH NATIONAL AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017 (SNAGS)
Reminder that the SAST Open Meet is open for entries and closes on Wednesday 22nd March. Click for : SAST Open Meet Entry Info & Process.
Really proud of Gary Craig. Disability Sports Coach of the Year sponsored by South Ayrshire Access to Sport. Great achievement, and totally deserved…from all at SAST.
NATIONAL & PERFORMANCE – The 50m Training at East Kilbride is 6:45pm – 8:45pm (and not 6:30 as originally posted).
DISTRICT SQUAD – There is no training tonight (due to the Ren Meet).
TIME TRIALS – Well done to all that attended the Time Trials on Monday. Click here for the Time Trial Results Monday 13th March (100’s). You can always check Time Trial & other results via the Online Team Stats via the web. Alternatively click this link to access the online facility. Find South Ayrshire on the team list to access all up to date results.
Fantastic afternoon on Sunday with the Jewels from the pools…100% effort from all the coaches and swimmers. Some challenging swims for many swimming distances they were not used to and strokes they would not choose to do, all for the sake of their team.
WELL DONE ALL…Thanks also to the parents who volunteered, we couldn’t have done it without you!
From the Development Coaching Team
A handful of West District Clubs are looking into the possibility of attending the Cardiff International Meet (as a larger team). The meet is late May which is around exam times for some and therefore I do not expect all to be interested. I would be grateful if all swimmers within Performance & National Squad could take a look at the meet info (click for Cardiff meet information) and e-mail Susan email@example.com by Monday 13th March with either
- I would attend the Cardiff Meet
- I would not attend the Cardiff Meet
- I would maybe attend the Cardiff Meet
We would like to see what interest there is for the competition. Please note
- Swimmers willing to attend must be within at least 2 Qualifying Times (not just consideration times). If swimmers entering are within at least 2 of the qualifying times, we are sure they will get swims.
- Swimmers attending will be under Team Manager & coach supervision.
- We would travel with other teams (coach or minibus) and the costs are expected to be in the region of £40-£60 per swimmer.
- Accommodation options are being looked into and therefore costs can not yet be estimated. However swimmers sharing rooms will obviously lower the amount.
- We are looking firstly at numbers and the logistics. There is no confirmation yet that we will be attending.
- There will be other Meets in May as alternatives and they will still be available for swimmers to chase qualification to the Summer Champs. However I feel the Cardiff International is more suited. the timing is just unfortunate with exams etc.
- The East District Open Meet is expected to be the same weekend and is another option but could be more difficult and geared more towards senior swimmers.
- Best In The West (East Kilbride) early May as another Long Course Option.