The mini league team and the whole club are thrilled with the recent success of the SAST swimmers at the British Champs but tomorrow (Saturday) really is the big one ……… Campbeltown in the mini league!Good luck to all the swimmers, coaches, parents and technical officials making the very long journey. As one coach said “it’s the same as a trip to Alton Towers without the fun”!I am sure there will be plenty of fun, lots of noise and plenty great swims.Good luck everyone and do SAST proud. #sastswimfastBrian Anderson, Club Chairperson
It’s that time again ! If anyone has unwanted items of clothing /towels/crockery/pictures/toys /games/jewellery/teddies/
Thanking you all in advance.
EAST DISTRICT GRAND PRIX-Click for East District Grand Prix Entry Information. This competition is for swimmers with QT’s from National, District & Youth Squads. The closing date is Wednesday 22nd April.
MINI LEAGUE-Please note that the coach for the Mini League will want to leave ASAP after the meeting time of 7:30. please could swimmers ensure that they are there on time.
TRAINING ALTERATIONS - Please note the following alteration (reminders):
- Mini League Training : 7:00-8:00pm @ Prestwick on Thursday 16th April
- Junior Squad : 8:00-9:00pm @ Prestwick on Thursday 16th April
- Masters Squad : 9:00-9:45pm @ Prestwick on Thursday 16th April
- National Squad : 4:30-6:00pm @ Maybole on Friday 17th April & training cancelled on Saturday 18th April.
WEST DISTRICT OPEN CHAMPS - Please note that entry for this meet closes today (Wednesday 15th April). Click for West District Open Champs Entry Info. This meet is for National, District & Youth Squad swimmers.
Tombola and Raffle prizes…. Yes we’re in need of prizes for the next 2 SAST meets in order to raise funds.I’ll be beside the swim shop at the time trials on Monday. We would so much appreciate it if every swimmer / member of SAST bring along a prize or two. When handing in prizes on Monday, please make sure you write the swimmers name down on the list available. There will be a separate draw for all the swimmers handing in a donation. Once again, I would like to thank you in advance all for your support.Marie McCormick
We are still looking for volunteers to cover a number of key roles at the upcoming Open Meet on 25th/26th April.
The Meet cannot run without the help and support of volunteers, so if you have a swimmer competing at the Meet, and are able to help, even if it is for only 1 session, please email our Meet organiser, Val Seville at
In addition, we are looking for help to set up the equipment for the Meet on the evening of Friday 24th April. Again, please let us know at the above address.
- West District Open Champs - Click for West District Open Champs Entry Info. This meet is for swimmers within National, District & Youth Squads. Entry closes on Wednesday 15th April.
- Swim Lists are available for our SAST Open Meet. Click here for SAST Swim Lists inc alt and scr. SCR= Scratched. ALT= Alternative or reserve swimmer. Swimmers are scratched due to the event being over subscribed and entries being selected on a time basis.
- Scottish National Age Group Champs - There will be a photo for all swimmers who competed at SNAGs. Please bring your Nationals top and any awards won to the Citadel on Thursday 9th April for 4:20pm.
This month’s Chair’s Chat has arrived…. Chair’s Chat April 2015
Are you an IT expert?
Is your job or hobby designing websites, or are you involved in IT in general?
Do you just spend far, far too much time on social media….?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, maybe you can help us out.
Our current website is managed in-house, which is a distraction from more valuable uses of our time. We are looking into upgrading the website, and enhancing our social media presence, possibly by employing an external web designer. If you, or someone you know, has any experience with designing websites, including eCommerce, Cloud storage and the use of social media, and can offer us some advice, please let us know.
If you can help us out, please contact me at email@example.com